- Adult content will be considered spam and will be filtered.
- Only “person-to-person” messages can be sent from a dedicated number.
- You cannot send more than 500 messages per day to the same number.
- If you send more than 500 messages in a day, carriers in Canada can block your messages and dedicated numbers without notice.
- Marketing campaigns, bulk notifications or alerts must be sent from a shortcode, which Zensend does not offer.
Message originator: No (the originator will be modified to ensure delivery)
Long number/virtual mobile number: No (the long number will be modified to ensure delivery)
Concatenated message support: No (separate messages will be delivered)
General best practices:
You should get opt-in consent from each end user before sending text messages.
For marketing messages you must make it easy for customers to opt-out - e.g. by sending a reply 'STOP' text.
To ensure that messages are not considered spam, be transparent with who you are; clearly display the name of your service / business within the message originator or within the body of the text message itself.
Zensend recommends that customers review all suggested SMS use cases with a qualified legal team to make sure that you are acting within the law.